Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 8: Audio Editing

After submitting Module 1, Pn. Foziah gave us the next one; Module 3: Audio Editing. This module is all about how to edit audio files using audio editing software such as Audacity and Sony Pro Vegas.


In my previous lesson planning and simulated teachings, I have used lots of audio but never for once did I edit the audio for teaching and learning. In fact, I never actually saw the need for audio editing. I always took any song for what it was.


Apart from that, every module has it own tasks to be completed. Basically the tasks were collecting teaching aids for certain topics. This was pretty easy actually as we could just have materials from various sources such as video hosting, webpages and blogs as long as they were relevant to the topics. Then, we had to come up with 4 lesson plans in which we incorporated our newly gained knowledge in audio editing. The 4 lesson plans covered all the 4 skills which are speaking, listening, reading and writing. When we planned the lesson, only then it was clear to us that audio editing skills would come in handy for teachers as they would have more resources to work with when planning instructions.


I would like to highlight the learning outcomes. At the end of this module, we should be able to:

1) Change speed, pitch cut and join audio for making better quality audio files.

2) Decrease and increase music tempo.

3) Remove noise from audio, upgrading the quality of stupid audio files.

4) Converting and encoding audio file

5) Changing the type of audio files from wav to mp3

6) Create minus one.

7) Combine two songs

8) Edit music and sound

9) Saving and uploading


I realized that audio editing wasn't that difficult. It doesn’t take a PHD in Audio Editing to do it on your own for your teaching. The knowledge is definitely an asset. I now can edit songs to be my ringtone and that is a huge accomplishment for someone like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment