Friday, October 22, 2010

Week 14: Outcome

This course has also opened up my eyes that teachers too need to be equipped with IT skills because this would open up so many more doors to various resources available out there. With skills in IT, teachers can create their own teaching aids when nothing in the book or in the market could cater to their students' needs. This would give an edge to the teachers as they can be creative and plan more interesting lessons for their students.


Other than technological skills, this course has also developed my soft skills.


I always have trouble in communication but I've learned how to communicate my ideas with my group members better. We had a lot of group work and group discussion in this class so there were many different ideas. As a result, I needed to learn how to put my ideas into words in a way that would convince the others. I think good communication skills are really important because as teachers, communicate is what we basically do.


Critical thinking and problem solving are promoted by the implementations of the blogging as reflection. In reflection, we have to think deep and reflect well. We need to be critical in the way we think and write. Sometimes, the task given also tests our problem solving skill. It helps us approach problems in new and innovative ways, in a sense that conceptualizing problems are different. It involves understanding your position in relation to any particular situation in a way you’d never thought of before.


The preparation of the lesson planning and teaching aids has developed my team work skill. We had to work in group and each member was assign to develop a lesson. Despite that, there was a need for a group dynamic. We had to combine our work together and present the kit. I never worked well with other people but in a way, the course shows me what it means to work together and learn from each other.


I may not be the group leader of any task for this course but I believe that in some ways, it has brought about the need to develop the leadership skill in us. It does not matter even if we were not selected as the group leader because at some point, we have need to make a decision and be hold responsible for it.. When I worked with my group members, I had to take control of my personal leadership skill. I strongly believe that everyone is responsible in playing a part as a leader. Not that we need to take control or pull some rank, but there must be some characteristics of a leader in us.


Weekly reflections not only demonstrate a history of personal development, growth, and reflection, but can act as a planning and goal-setting tool as well. My learning space is empowering me to discern and validate pathways to success and enrich learning experiences by making meaningful connections between what I am learning and what my future profession has to offer. It is known as professional development. The knowledge that you have gained is the foundation of your professional growth that is very crucial and essential for your future. Therefore, in a way, this course has shown me the value of ethics and professionalism.


It can be viewed as a continuum since I always believe in life-long learning. I think that I have created a platform for taking control of my personal knowledge management. At the moment, I think that I am equipping myself with knowledge by reflecting on what I have learned. Reflection is a process of learning. Plus, I receive constructive feedback from my friends. We learn from many things but we never realize how much we learn from each other. At this moment, I am dealing with personal development.



No comments:

Post a Comment