Saturday, October 30, 2010

Week 15: The Finale

1. What do you like about blogging?

Blogging can be viewed as a continuum since I always believe in life-long learning. I think that I have created a platform for taking control of my personal knowledge management. At the moment, I think that I am equipping myself with knowledge by reflecting on what I have learned. Reflection is a process of learning. Plus, I receive constructive feedback from my friends. We learn from many things but we never realize how much we learn from each other. At this moment, I am dealing with personal development.

2. What you do not like about blogging?

Blogging involves a lot of time to update and post entry on the blog site. I need to keep it constantly updated or otherwise I (maybe) lose potential readers. And for me, it is easy to start blogging but then to maintain it, well, it depends on the blogger.


3. What have you gained from blogging e.g. Language skills, improved fluency, critical thinking, improved thought processes, technology skills etc. How?

Critical thinking and problem solving are promoted by the implementations of the blogging as reflection. In reflection, we have to think deep and reflect well. We need to be critical in the way we think and write. Sometimes, the task given also tests our problem solving skill. It helps us approach problems in new and innovative ways, in a sense that conceptualizing problems are different. It involves understanding your position in relation to any particular situation in a way you’d never thought of before.


4. What do you like about this course?

I like the way it gives me an edge in my lesson planning. This course has opened up my eyes that teachers too need to be equipped with IT skills because this would open up so many more doors to various resources available out there. With skills in IT, teachers can create their own teaching aids when nothing in the book or in the market could cater to their students' needs.


5. What you do not like about this course?

Workload. Still, I think that it is not a bad thing. Along the way, we learn many new things.


6. What have you learnt from this course?

Technological skills and soft skills like communication, leadership, team work, and etc.


7. What have you learnt from this course that you did not expect to?

Life long learning. My weekly reflections demonstrate a history of my development and growth.


8. What have u expected but do not learn from this course?

Nothing. At the beginning, I really did not know what I will learn. But then, after 14 weeks, I know what this course is all about.


9. Comments regarding modules:


1. Internet and computing skills


a. What do you like about this module?

Nothing. Except for the fact that I will improve my skills.


b. What do you not like about this module?

Completing unnecessary tutorials.


c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

Developing teaching aids.


d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Nothing.


f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

From the internet skills, I can make use some of the materials in internet as my teaching aids such as pictures, videos and also articles that are really suitable with the learners’ proficiency.


2. Photo Editing


a. What do you like about this module?

Editing photos.


b. What do you not like about this module?

Nothing. I love it.


c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I like it very much because editing pictures is one of my hobbies!


d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Nothing.


f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

Editing and making pictures become more meaningful can make the teaching and learning process become more interesting.


3. Audio Editing Skills


a. What do you like about this module?

Editing audio files. I never tried that before. My knowledge was zero.


b. What do you not like about this module?

It requires lot of time. For example, if we want to increase and decrease the sound of the audio, we need to hear the sound from the very beginning, identify which part that we want to edit.


c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

Edit a song (fade it and fade out) and making a ringtone!


d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Remix 2 songs together! It was hard because I need to make sure that the two songs incorporate with each other or else it will sound weird.


e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I have now learnt how to use and the function of audio software like Audacity, Sony Pro Vegas and so on.


f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

It helps me in choosing the right and suitable songs for the use of teaching.


4. Video Editing Skills


a. What do you like about this module?

Editing and creating videos.


b. What do you not like about this module?

Nothing.


c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

Help me in giving information on how to extract pictures and audio form a video. And I love the pair task which is making a video!


d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

I need to convert the video into a type that use smaller size like AVI because it really irritates me when I want to send it through emails. Emails cannot send a big file as it has its limit.


e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learn on how to extract the pictures, audio from the video and it really helps to enhance my skill in editing the video and make it to become more interesting.


f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

From a video, I can actually use it for many purposes. For example, I can use the same pictures and audio inside the video as teaching aids too.


5. Software for ELT


a. What do you like about this module?

Using Microsoft Publisher we can create many things easily.


b. What do you not like about this module?

It is less fun compared to the editing.


c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I can explore many things and learn about something new


d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

The tasks given requires a lot of time to finish it


f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can come out with many things once I mastered doing all the tutorials given.


10. If you can change anything about this course, state what is and elaborate?

1. Do not repeat the same tutorials in one module

2. Simple tutorials that should be removed from the module

3. Make the task more simple and not too much


On a scale of 1 – 10, please rate your computing and technological skills for both before and after undergoing the course.

Before – 5

After – 8

No comments:

Post a Comment